Sunday, October 9, 2011

Six on Sunday

1. Look what came in the mail already!! We are beyond excited to have a Double Bob and love the new design. While we haven't officially used it yet, Kylie has been enjoying sitting in the seats, climbing back and forth between each one, and pushing it around the driveway. Thanks again friends and family who contributed $ for this awesome gift. And right now, as I lay typing on the couch and watching my muscles atrophy away, I really look forward to the day that I can use this:)



2. Fun with Silhouettes- Matt's parents gave me Photoshop Elements for my birthday last year. While I still haven't mastered all the techniques of using it, I do enjoy making Silhouettes, another thing I can do on bed rest. I really wanted Kylie to touch or kiss my belly but she wouldn't cooperate, ohwell still turned out fun. If anyone has any photos they want me to try it on, I'd be happy to. It works best when the background is blank or contrasting from the picture. This pic was taken in front of our white garage door.

3. All dressed and ready for church. Another place I've been missing! Matt has been great about taking Kylie and even worked in the nursery for me last week.


4. Bed Rest Goals Progress/ Check in- I do admit that I've been spending tons of time on Pinterest. However, I have accomplished some of my goals. I have a much better grasp on the Shutterfly Custom Path and have digitally scrapbooked through March 2011. I also read Heaven is for Real- a quick read that I really enjoyed, so neat to hear what heaven might be like from a 3 1/2 year old. And also really cool to think that I might get to meet my twin sisters Bonnie and Kelly when I get there (my mom delivered and miscarried them at 25 weeks).

5. That reminds me- I looked up what the earliest born baby ever to survive was. Do you know? It's amazing- 21 weeks and 6 days. She weighed less than 10 oz. Doctors normally don't consider babies viable until 23 weeks so the mother lied about how far along she was. She was born in 2007 and the article written at the time said her prognosis was good, truly a miracle.

6. I know I've mentioned this already, but it has been such a blessing to see how friends and family have served and encouraged our family while I've been on modified bed rest. Matt's mom came 2 weeks ago and my Mom came last week. It was so nice to have them here to play with Kylie, grocery shop, cook, and clean. I am so thankful for them both! And we look forward to Grandpa B coming this week:)

6 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Glad you're getting lots of rest, Becks! I'm sure you're totally bored at times, but soon things will be sooo fast-paced! We still don't have a double stroller, should probably get one...is that one easy to get in/out of the car? Are u going to use it for shopping as well as running?

Unknown said...

Glad you're doing well, and you'll be back in shape in no time. Just wanted to point out that in both pictures of Kylie that you posted, she's only wearing one shoe. :)

Nicole Svendsen said...

oh my gosh, that silhouette is awesome. I can totally tell that it is you. Good job keeping little Evelyn cooking inside!!!

Krista and David Hart said...

The silhouette is fantastic... I might have to take you up on your offer to make one for me!

Krista and David Hart said...

Oh, and I love the double BOB! Glad to see that Kylie likes it already!

boo and stacy said...

I can not get over the 21 week baby. WOW what a fight for your child. I can't imagine. Ill have to think on that one for a bit....

Precious silhouette Becky!! LOVE!!!!

I'm so impressed with your patience!! You can do it you are almost there!!