Well, I am officially 34 weeks pregnant today! I have been on modified bed rest a little over 4 weeks and I have 3 weeks to go. The baby is growing well, measuring btwn 6-7 lbs already! I'm really hoping and praying she hangs on until November and doesn't have to spend any time in the NICU. Kylie has been really sweet and fun in the afternoons which has been nice and a little sad to think this is my last few weeks with just her. I know I'll have time with just her when the baby sleeps but it will be different I'm sure. Last night I was thinking how nice it would be if we could store up sleep, kind of like making meals and storing them in the freezer. I have lots of time to rest right now but as soon as the baby gets here, I'm sure I'll become exhausted pretty quickly.
We're going to attempt to transition Kylie to her big girl bed (twin bed with a railing) in about 2 weeks. Any advice would be appreciated. One good friend suggested I first try it during her nap instead of at night- makes sense to me. I'll post some pics of Kylie's new room soon. I think that's it! Happy almost weekend everyone!
2 comments:
Good to hear things are going well. Definitely keep us updated! Praying that little girl stays in the oven a bit longer! Love you girl!
Becky, I'm so glad that things are going well with your pregnancy and you are at 34 weeks!!! As far as changing Kylie to a big bed - I totally agree with starting at nap time (you may find yourself or Matt needing to lay on the ground next to her to teach her not to get out). We also set up the bed and let Hannah play in her bed and get used to it before sleeping in it. Also, I would recommend that if possible changing her to the big bed as soon as possible rather than waiting 4 weeks. It will give her some time to settle in before the baby arrives. Just thoughts! I hope it goes as smoothly as possible! It was much easier to transition Hannah to a big girl bed than I thought it would be.
Post a Comment