Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Coming Up for Air

Last week was rough. All 4 of us were sick. The girls weren't sleeping well which means neither were we. Kylie has decided she'd rather sleep on the floor right next to the door instead of her bed- silly goose, we'll see how long this lasts. 3 of us are feeling better- Ky just can't seem to get rid of her stuffy nose. Evie has been napping beautifully once we moved the swing into her room. I'm going to try having her sleep in it during the night too to see if it helps. In the midst of the sleepless nights, we still managed to have some fun during the days. I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday. Matt must have been really sleep deprived because on his card to me he wrote "Happy 33rd birthday! Welcome to the mid 30s." Nothing wrong with that except I turned 31!!! And I do not appreciate 2 years being added to my life:)


Matt had Monday off for MLK so we ate at The Yellow Vase for breakfast- yum!




I didn't want to cook on my birthday dinner but didn't want a fancy meal either, so we ate at the brand new Chick-Fil-A which is super close. We unexpectedly ran in to the Svendsens while eating which was so fun. It makes me want to start a monthly Chick-Fil-A dinner for whoever wants to join us, like the first Thursday of the month or something like that. I also had friends, Krista and Alison bring me yummy lunch and cupcakes and Jen bring me an afternoon latte- such a treat! I felt very loved.



On Sunday we enjoyed a nice, short hike in PV with gorgeous views.



And thank you to Pinterest yet again! I had fun making this Valentine's Day Wreath over the last few evenings. I honestly didn't expect it to take so long wrapping the yarn around the wreath frame but I'm pleased with how it turned out and sometimes it's kind of nice to do a mindless activity while watching TV. Instead of unwinding I was winding:)

4 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Happy 31 years!! What wonderful blessed life you have with your healthy family of four. Nice work getting out of the house!! Love your red door and new Pinterest wreath!! I need to make a mindless Vday wreath!!

Nicole Svendsen said...

LOVE that wreath!!! Nice work. Glad we could help you get your family of four shot for your birthday atChick-fil-A:) Happy 31st.

Johnson Family said...

Happy belated 31 Becky!! So crazy we are in our 30s! We love chick-fil-a! The first time we ever had it was up in Madera while there with Kate and now we have one here. Love that wreath, looks really cute on your red door!

Krista and David Hart said...

I love the way your wreath turned out... so cute! Glad you're feeling better!