I had been looking for cute alphabet flash cards for a while, and finally found some I liked at Anthro but then found them cheaper here. Funny side note: I found the beds super cheap at a furniture Outlet that was going out of business on Hawthorne, very close to us. A few weeks after I bought them the building was literally torn down but now an In-N-Out is going in its place- woohoo!
We've had this old window ever since we got married. It was in our apt, painted red. It was fun to repurpose it and copy The Pleated Poppy to make this. I can change out the pics once the baby comes.
The shelf above Kylie's bed actually use to be in my room when I was a little girl- including a few of the things on the shelf like a little Noah's Ark that plays music (what are those called again?) and a sleeping girl on a moon.
It was fun to use the same fabrics in a few places around the room. My mom found the coat hook in my neighbor's trash pile and Matt spray painted it white.

Thought about organizing the book shelf before taking this shot, but this is what it looks like much of the time:)

There's only a few things left to do in her room: 1. Figure out how we want to store toys in the closet- I'm thinking just a large bin could work since it doesn't have to look pretty. 2. Eventually Matt will paint the middle panel on the closet door with chalkboard and magnetic paint.
The nursery is pretty much staying the same. I pulled the rug from it into Kylie's room so I need to find a new one of those and I really want to use the Pinterest idea of using Ikea spice racks as bookshelves so I hope to get a few of those too that Matt can also spray white:) Since the mirror is now out of this room, I had a lot of extra wall space. I had a fun Charley Harper bird coloring book so I asked everyone in our family to color a picture for the baby. I just keep forgetting to ask Uncle John, hence the empty frame.
I found this changing table on the curb that a neighbor was getting rid of while out for a walk with Ky a few months back....It was in good shape so I quickly got my car and hauled it home. Matt did an awesome job of painting it white (notice a theme here). I'm not exactly sure how I'll organize the shelves but I did just order another changing pad today for the top.
And that concludes the tour. I'm 36 weeks prego today and feeling more ready for this baby to come...although 1-2 more weeks would be ideal
8 comments:
Love it all, Becks! That's awesome that Ky can sleep in a big girl bed now, we have not even attempted it! So what does the "J" stand for...?!!
I am envious of your decorating skills. Both rooms look amazing. Great job!
Looks great!
Darling room with such fun little unique touches...especially the things from your childhood room!!! Glad you have a hubby willing to paint!!
Way to go making it this long!!!!!
So fun to have it all together. You did a great job pulling together all the different elements and I love the feel of both rooms :) Glad Abby and I have had some time to hang out there!
Looks great! You are so crafty!!
I love the room, Becky! It is so bright and airy. I love all the details you put into it. I'm getting some great ideas for my girls!
Wow! Wow! Wow! Everything looks absolutely AMAZING! You are such a crafty individual! Any advice you have on transitioning to a big kid bed would be much appreciated. Bennett is going to have to make the switch here in a few months! Ahh!
Post a Comment