1. Kylie has accomplished some new things this week. Caught her doing this in her ball pool the other day and she can pull up to a stand when she uses my knees. She's also started doing some crawling on her knees although she's still more efficient and faster on her stomach. Her 2 top teeth are coming in. She had 2 fussy nights and continues to have a runny nose but I think the worst is over...for now.
2. Last weekend we had a bbq at Dave and Megan's with Sheri, Tim and Jen (Travis had to work). Here's the Dad's with their babies. Levi and Stevie are only 12 days apart- so fun! Also fun to see Kylie looking like the tank since she's such a peanut.
3. Here's Sheri trying to show Kylie how to pat Stevie gently- we're still working on it. I think Stevie really looks like Tim in this picture.
4. Craftiness- It seems like all my friends are exercising their creativity and I've been bit by the bug as well. Julie just started a DIY decorating blog Penny Pinching Designs and my sister-in-law Rachel is part of a 52 weeks of creativity challenge, where they do something creative each week. I don't think I'm up to the challenge of doing something every week however, yesterday I made 2 things! It's amazing what I can get done when I don't turn on the computer. I love checking emails, fb, and blogs but they sure can take up a lot of my time. I was inspired by the onesie that Kylie is wearing below. I actually bought it at Fiesta Hermosa for $16. I can't believe I spent that much on a onesie but I always go to the street fair and usually leave empty handed so I wanted a takeaway this time.
5. I made this onesie while Kylie took her first nap. Too bad she's not big enough for it yet. It only cost me $3.50. I made a few mistakes to learn from when making my next (can you tell the butterfly fabric is a little crooked?) It was super easy, I stitched on the fabric and then used interfacing to attach the K with an iron. Jen brought over some cute fabric scraps and I think I'll use some of the brown and white polka dotted one and put a felt orange pumpkin on it.

6. Next project of the day- Book wreath. I made this after Kylie went to sleep. I got the idea from Julie who got it from this blog: Jones Design Company She gives very complete instructions with pictures on how to make it. I love how it turned out (took about 2 hours) but this wasn't the right place for it.

7. So I moved it here! And I love it. I just think it needs a decorative ribbon or something...will work on it. And yes you can see part of our new kitchen table too. Love that too!

8. Flashback- here's Kylie at almost 1 month old on Thanksgiving.

9. We were given the same outfit in a bigger size so we thought we'd try to recreate the picture to see how much she's grown.

And number 10. My Mom comes this Thursday and I'm sooo excited. I think this is the longest she's gone since seeing Kylie- hasn't seen her since we went to Donner Lake in the end of July. I'm happy that Kylie gets to spend time with her Grandma while I go to work on Friday but sad that I won't get to hang out with them too. Friday afternoon we drive down to San Diego for a wedding so Kylie will get to see her cousin Jadon too!
6 comments:
I love the blog links you posted!! Kylie is getting so big!! She is just too cute! :) I'm going to have to try making Spence a onesie now!! Thanks for the ideas!!
OK, I am SO impressed, Becky!! Love, love, love your "crafts"!! Can't wait to see Kylie model the onesie. :)
Wow Becky! What a busy week! I LOVE the how the wreath and onesie turned out and think I may have to have a quick tutorial so I can bust out my sewing machine again too.
And I can't believe the pictures of Kylie then and now... so much has changed in just a year!
And way to go turning off the computer...I'm obviously guilty of that too. There are definitely things to be done around here but instead I'm reading your blog! :)
You always were a crafty girl! And this time, you've inspired me! I am definitely going to try the wreath. We have a furniture store here called Arhaus that does a ton with book pages as decorating. We were just talking about trying one the other day! Wes wants to get long sticks and cut leaves out of book pages to attach. I'll let you know how it goes...or IF it goes. :)
I hope you have a great time with your Mom. Tell her I said hello!
Let's talk next week!
Oh...and Kylie is still the cutest baby ever. ;)
Wow! Becky!! Great stuff!!!
I wonder if the cutesie onesie idea would work for a little boy. Hmmm...Maybe I'll try it with some of my extra fabric--not much to lose! :o)
And I just love your home! So beautifully decorated and furnished. You're awesome!
Yeah...book wreath is amazing! I loved the spot by the beautiful kitchen table! So proud of you. Kylie is cuter than ever! What proud parents:) Talk soon
Post a Comment