Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Project of the Week...

BEFORE: Matt and I found this cool tree art canvas thing hanging in the back of PB kids. We really liked it but didn't love the color scheme, knowing that it wouldn't go with the baby's bedding. We decided to buy it anyway and I don't mean to be a CPT (Complusive Price Teller) but we got such an incredible deal- orig. $200, we got it for $40. (I knew there was no way I could make it any cheaper.)
AFTER: I went to a fabric store with the crib sheets and picked out fabrics to cover some of the leaves to make it more girly and matchy with the bedding- seen in the bottom right hand of the pic. I learned how to interface (applying something to the back of the fabric so it sticks when you iron it on) and all and all it was pretty easy. And we're really happy with the result!

6 comments:

Britts said...

muy impresivo! :o)

Nicole Svendsen said...

love it! that will be darling in her room:)

Jess said...

Oh man! I didn't know there was such thing as a "CPT." I guess I'm one of them ...

Anyway, LOVE the project. Good job.

Megan Lockridge said...

I love it Becky! What a great idea!

Tim and Debra said...

Super cute! What a great idea to iron the fabric over it. Love the bargain shopping involved!

boo and stacy said...

VERY cute!!! SO 'Smart' of you!!! Looks like its going to be a precious room!!