Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An Ode to the Summer and Teacher Field Trips...

With summer coming to a close (I'll start setting up my classroom in a week and a half), I thought I'd share some fun teacher field trip moments that occurred this summer. I have several teacher friends that get together during the summer to do fun outings while most other people we know are sadly staring at a computer screen in their cubicle. Oh, how I love summer! In addition to countless beach days and bike rides, here's a few other things we did this summer.

Jen, Megan, Meredith and I headed to downtown for free museum day at LACMA (LA County Museum of Art). We packed picnic lunches and ate at the La Brea park and then walked through a few exhibits. I'm not a huge museum fan so my highlight was stopping at Diddy Riese on the way home. However, there were some really cool spots to take pics right outside of the museum.

Isn't this unique? Lots of colorful baskets hanging on strings. Tons of kids were running through this maze so it took a few attempts to get a pic without someone in the middle of it.
Meredith, Jen, and I hit a bucket of balls over at the Lakes. I hadn't been to a driving range in a long time so it was fun to try again. I was surprised that I was sore the next day.

2 comments:

Phil and Dana said...

I miss you girls and our teacher field trips! Looks like you've had a good season :)

boo and stacy said...

Too cute Becky, gotta love field trips:) Great idea BTW! Baskets were so creative and fun I bet. Im sure kids would love that. I'm a big Ditty Reise fan too!

I can't believe summer is winding down.