1. A decor pillow for Ky's big girl bed which she'll move into in a few months. The ruffle was a bit of a challenge for me and if you study it closely you'll see it's no where near perfect but I think it turned out cute nonetheless. Kylie actually has 2 twins in her new room so I'm going to make a different pillow on the other bed in coordinating fabric and I have plans for a few other ways I'm going to use these fabrics around her room.

2. A table runner- I think this will be great for the fall and what's kind of fun about the fabric is that I actually bought it for my mom in the South of France while there in college (remember Kel?) She never used it for anything and it made a really easy runner because of the straight lines I could use to cut and iron.
3. And my old standby- burpcloths for the new baby girl with some fabric scraps I had

Both of Kylie's grandmas are far more talented seamstresses than I and can actually follow a pattern rather than just cutting and ironing which is what I mainly do. They both sewed Kylie something when she was just a little baby and she's now big enough to fit into them.
Darling overalls made my my mom

Cute and comfy dress made my Matt's mom
5 comments:
You are doing a great job with the sewing projects. I'm hoping to get into the nesting mode now that the exhausting 1st trimester is over!
Do you have patterns you used for the pillows? They turned out very cute!
Thanks Jessica. No patterns used on the pillows, but they were 12 x 16 pillow forms so I measured the fabric to 13 X 17 for seam allowance
those are great Becky!! Way to start nesting!
Cute stuff! Way to go! LOVE the pillow!
Amazing job sewing! I do love the runner & totally remember the fabric. I still have some fabric from France that I haven't used yet. Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment