Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rearranging Furniture

On many of the decorating blogs I'm addicted to (Penny Pinching Designs, Jones Design Company, The Inspired Room, and The Nesting Place are my faves) they talk about simply rearranging the furniture/ decor you have to create a fresh space.


I always think, but I don't have anything to rearrange. Until this evening! Matt did a lot of projects around the house today and even agreed to cook dinner. So when I suggested that we finally move the Pack n Play out of the front room (it was to the right of the TV console), he gave me an unmotivated look to say the least. However, he obliged. We have an old chair that desperately needs to be recovered in the garage that I figured we would someday move in here. But Matt had a brilliant idea. Move the chair from the office to the front room. I love the extra seating it creates for this room. The pack n play had become a catch all for Kylie's toys so I did purchase the seagrass basket today from Target to hold all her stuff. Again, my smart (he he) husband really pushed for getting a basket with a lid to hide everything. I wanted this cute smith and hawkins one that had a little chalkboard sign attached where I could write toys, but it was uncovered. Okay, this is way TMI, but I'm so glad I got the covered basket. Everything else we already had. And I just switched the lamp with the books on the TV Console because what I'm MOST excited about is I think this will be my new perfect Quiet Time/ Read my Bible spot in the mornings. The chair is super comfy and there's a great spot for me to set my coffee. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning. Thanks for working so hard today, Matt, you deserve more hugs:)
*Oh and for those of you that come over with babies, we moved the Pack N Play into the office so there's still a place for you to put them down, and a quieter one at that! (If you're even still reading this far down:)

7 comments:

Megan Lockridge said...

I'm still reading and love that we can still put Levi down in the office. (Although he never seemed to mind all the commotion of the living room either!) Hope you see you guys this week!

Rollin With The Homies said...

the chair looks great.

the office is perfect for the pack n play.

Rollin With The Homies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boo and stacy said...

SO cute!! Your house is darling and I love when things get rearranged. Boo is good at that....me notsomuch! Hope you enjoyed your new quiet time spot!

Britts said...

Love it Becky! You have such a knack for creating the perfect home-y environment! Way to go Matt!

Tim and Debra said...

The room looks great. Thanks for the decorating links. I'm always looking for good new blogs to peruse.

Lindy said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing it with your adoring fans. :) It's the stuff I'm definitely interested in.