
We flew to Austin for Mike and Meghan's wedding. Mike is one of Matt's good friends from college. It's so fun that they moved from DC to Redondo Beach so we can see them often now.

The wedding was at Meghan's family ranch just outside San Marcos and the reception was at an old dance hall. The lights and candles were so stunning. Such a fun night! At the rehearsal dinner, they hired a guy to teach everyone some country line dances so we were able to bust them out at the wedding.

On Sunday, Matt and I drove into downtown Austin for a bit before our plane left. One must stop was Mellow Johnny's (Lance Armstrong's bike shop). Matt's birthday was on Friday and he got some money to spend at this store so he picked out a couple of fun cycling jerseys.

The other must stop was Rudy's bbq for lunch. Because we had accidentally google mapped Ruby's instead of Rudy's, we had to make a few phone calls, got lost a bit, but finally made it. It was well worth the struggle of getting there. Delicious bbq! Maybe the best ribs I've ever had. I'm a big fan now of sweet tea and banana pudding too- yum.

Back at home, we biked down to Fiesta Hermosa on Monday with Jen and Travis and bumped into Nik, Lindsey, and Kobe. What a great weekend!
4 comments:
Becky, you look soooo cute!....I am so sad I missed Fiesta Hermosa!!!
That is a Texas wedding for ya! I went to college in San Marcos! Looks so fun! And Rudy's and Saltlick are THE BEST BBQ's in the whole wide world. Glad you two were able to go and enjoy a taste of South Texas!! Is she from there? I might need to meet her and play the 'do you know game!'
I sure would've been disappointed if I had driven up to a Ruby's instead of a Rudy's! Dave and I LOVE good bbq. Glad you had fun!
Sounds like fun times in Texas. The wedding looked beautiful!
Post a Comment